- Butter 125 g
- Golden syrup 3 tablespoons
- Brown sugar 100 g
- Plain flour 300 g
- Cinnamon ½ cinnamon
- ½ nutmeg
- Bicarbonate soda ½ teaspoon
- Ginger 2 teaspoons
- Cranberries for decoration
- Raisins for decorations
- Coconut for decoration
- Start with your first ingredients first. Put your saucepan on a medium heat. Put 125 g of butter, 3 tablespoons of golden syrup. Then, add 100 g of brown sugar. Heat it until the sugar melts, it should be smooth, not bubbling.
- Now, mix all your dry ingredients. Take 300 g of plain flour, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, a half of grated nutmeg and half a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda. Finally, add 2 teaspoons of ginger, which is an ultimate ingredient here.
- Then, mix dry and hot ingredients. Make the dough. It should be sticky, kind of wet dough.
- For your next step you will need a rolling pin. Use your rolling pin to form a half of centimeter thickness. Then use your favorite cutters.
- Place some baking paper on your baking tray. Cook your Christmas cookies at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- You can decorate your homemade gingerbread cookies with cranberries, raisins and coconut. It is great to have your kids, actually, it is like art and it is simple. This is one of best Christmas desserts, you will love it.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Desserts Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Thanksgiving Recipes by Jamie Oliver